Saturday 5 March 2016

Time & Beef Launch

Guess what makes me happier than Fridays...BURGERS! After a long week, I excitingly made my way across the bridge to the launch of Time&Beef in Canton, a new burger joint that was so needed in this part of Cardiff.

Situated just a step off the bus stop on Cowbridge Road East, it only took me seconds to find my way to it, with its warm and inviting decor. It's times like this I remember why I blog, Cardiff has so much to offer, supporting local produce and restaurants is a must because especially in this city, I haven't ever fallen in love with anything commercial.


The vision of Time&Beef is simply to take home the prize for the best burger in Cardiff. Time&Beef prides itself not to ever freeze or pre-cook any of their food and to make sure all ingredients are locally sourced and delivered fresh daily.

 It was not long after I sat down that I knew they were serious about it by merely looking around -keep your eyes peeled for their 5 commandments. Interestingly pretty much everything in-house has been recycled, for example the stools are from a school in Bridgend and the light shades over the bar, are from old Army Barracks. I must admit, I am highly impressed by how well the team were able to produce an atmosphere that successfully works as an independent cafe during the day and transforms itself into a burger joint at night!


What obviously caught my eye here is the build your own burger concept. Burger (£7) + Topping(£2/£1) and Cheese (£1) + 2 Free sauces 

Pretty standard concept you would think until you try out their combos! I know for a fact that had I known there was a pineapple in my burger there was no way I would have tried it! But it's good thing I did, because it was delish! Its safe to say, I have never had this many burgers in one sitting, but who is complaining? A proof of this can be seen below:

Chicken + Pineapple 
Welsh beef + Beer battered onion rings
 Chicken + Bacon + Fried Egg
 Fish + Fried Onions
Winner of the Night: Lamb + Mint sauce + garlic fries

Overall verdict of the night I would say is that with the combination of the two very competent chefs (one who came over from our beloved Potted Pig) and the conception of the t&b lamb burger there is a high likelihood that I will be back soon to devour some excellent local produce and some damn good garlic fries. 

Thank you Time&Beef for having me!

MissBonda

3 comments:

  1. love the images on this blog - If only I lived in the area

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place is at the end of my road almost! I can't believe I haven't noticed it! Will definitely be making a trip here soon! :)

    Lovely blog by the way :)

    Lis x

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog! I haven't actually been to Time & Beef yet but I'm working with the guys who helped launch it (my friend is sat in the front window on his mac in the first photo coincidentally).

    Have you tried Pitch in Cardiff?
    Carys x

    www.themuddledmojito.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete