Sunday 20 December 2015

As the curtain falls

It's my last weekend in Cardiff this year before I head home and that naturally has put me on reflection mode. Like everyone else I have had a year full of ups and downs, but what's important is to make sure to end the year on a high note and you my lovely readers have helped me with this, so a big thank you to you! 



I look at the lessons I have learned in 2015 and I smile to myself, because quite often these lessons are all around us. We listen, empathise, then support others yet somehow seem to always want to walk in the same moccasins ourselves to learn. But thats okay too, rule number 1 of my year is that we must stand to our mistakes in order to grow. These mistakes could have happened anytime in our lives, but we must face them in order to change them.

Rule number 2 is beautiful and dear to me. As a 24 year old working woman, it is natural to see life flashing infront of me on social media and so I have seen this year countless engagements, marriages and babies yet then again so much despair. I lost my grandmother this year, it was terrible and so hard for my family and me and whats more death didn't stop there it took one of my most memorable teachers through cancer. What this has taught me? That life is too short to look back, to hate and most importantly to forget to tell those around you how much they mean to you. I don't just mean your new wife or newborn, I mean your mother who carried you in her womb for 9 months, I mean you father who carried all your heavy luggage to university and I mean your siblings, yes the ones who took the blame for something you know you did. Tell them how much you care. 

Rule number 3 came to me randomly as life does. A decade or so ago I had a friend, she is and will always be the best female sports player I will ever know. As my international life has it we both moved to complete different parts of the world, yet recently she popped up on my newsfeed declaring her new relationship. I don't think I have have ever been so pleased by the comments and support on her picture, noting the fact that the country she currently lives in is exactly the opposite. What is most remarkable is that here is someone who has decided to let the world know her choice in life and I love this. Yes I am believer of God, but what the world needs to know is to stop opposing one's own views onto others. Live and let live is the mantra I try to live on. There are times that even this is hard for me because I love to help my friends, family and anyone I meet, but the harsh reality is that sometimes it is not required.


                   
     
As the year slowly and yet so quickly comes to an end I can't be grateful enough to all the things that have happened. Reading the daily news in itself is proof that we are all privileged to be where we are today. I say this as you read my blog from your phones or computers, others don't even have food three times a day. Christmas does that to us, or should do atleast, with all the presents we have under our trees and the warm food our mothers make, we all know that we should be grateful.

On that note I am really blessed to have so many of you give me feedback and motivation to have the courage and continue with this blog, it has got to be a milestone in my life to put myself on a public platform, 12 months ago I really didn't see this coming. I do hope however that you will all continue to take the time out of your busy lives to read it. 

Have a nice week ahead of you!

MissBonda

No comments:

Post a Comment